From developing your business’ safety management program to preparing for a safety audit, dealing with directions to comply or investigating an incident/accident, Grand River Occupational Health & Safety consultants will take care of your workplace safety management.
The integration of a comprehensive safety management system with your business minimizes operational risk and promotes a healthy and safe work environment for your employees.
We provide safety consulting services integrated with our workplace safety and training services or as an independent safety consulting service.
- Workplace Safety Management
- Management Systems Audits – COR, Workwell, CSA Z1000, OHSAS, ISO
- Review/Audit MOL Orders and Charges
- Health and Safety Policy and Program Development
- Human Resources Policy and Program Development
- Legislative Compliance Audit
- Accident and Incident Investigations (Fatal and Critical)
EMPLOYER TIPS FOR YOUNG AND NEW WORKERS
Young and new workers are an important part of growing your business, however, they are more likely to be injured on the job and require a strong foundation of safe and healthy work practices.
What is a “young worker?”
Anyone under the age of 25
What is a “new worker?”
Anyone who has been on the job less than six months.
For employer tips and more information on new and young workers check out these links:
Under the Ontario OHSA, employers must:
- Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are provided, maintained in good condition, and always used as required by law.
- Ensure that workplace health and safety policies, programs, measures and procedures are current and always followed.
- Provide ongoing information, instruction and supervision to protect workers.
- Know the hazards in your workplace and make sure that workers and their supervisors are aware of them.
- Assist, respond to, and cooperate with health and safety committees or representatives as required by law.
- Comply with sector-specific minimum age requirements.