Additional training on the specific hazards faced, and types of equipment used on the job is required to provide additional information, instruction and training in workplace-specific policies, procedures, equipment and fall-protection systems used, including adequate oral and written instructions by a competent person.
Course Duration: Full Day (8+ Hours)*
Certification: 3 years
Course Cost: $195/person + HST
Maximum 12 participants per session.
Part 1 – Theory
- Rights and Responsibilities of Workers, Supervisors and Employers
- Identifying the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Eliminating or Controlling the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Ladders, Scaffold Systems, Elevating Work Platforms (EWPs), and Suspended Access Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Systems and Rescue Planning
Part 2 – Practical
- Barriers and Safety Nets
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Platforms
- Rescue Planning
*Please note that the course duration varies depending on factors beyond our control (i.e. participants’ experience level, learning accommodation, etc.).