Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee Training – NWT
Committee members, particularly co-chairs, require tools and skills to properly perform their duties. Employers must provide training in respect to the duties and functions of Committee activities. Training topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How to identify and control industry-specific hazards, including ergonomic hazards
- How to conduct inspections
- How to investigate incidents and dangerous occurrences
- Familiarization with health and safety legislation in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS1988 and WHMIS2015.)
Alternate committee members (those who take the place of co-chairs or other members who are not available to attend meetings) should also receive training. The employer, senior managers, and supervisors must also attend relevant occupational health and safety awareness training.
Each module is intended to achieve the objectives and outcomes listed at the beginning of the module through given resources and supporting activities or worksheets. These activities and worksheets will be completed individually or in groups depending on the class size and the time available. References to legislation, standards, and codes applicable to the training topic will be included at the beginning of each module. The instructor will use workplace examples and experience to illustrate the course topics.
To register for this training, please contact our office by phone or email at 1 844 267 8600 or email@example.com