The Ontario Ministry of Labour has released new legislative/regulatory requirements in regards to the installation of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. These new requirements, for those working directly on solar photovoltaic systems, may include:
- Fundamentals of electrical hazards;
- Fall protection requirements and the use of fall protection equipment;
- The safe handling, use, and transport of materials;
- The safe use of ladders;
- Hazards and controls while working on sloped roofing;
- Hazards and controls while working at the edge of the roof;
- Hazards and controls while working around covered skylights and roof openings;
- Pre-installation checks, emergency plan, and first aid.
For complete information please visit the MOL website here.