Employers are prohibited from penalizing employees in any way for exercising ESA rights.
Employment Standards Officers travel all over the province to inspect workplaces to make sure employers are complying with their responsibilities under the Employment Standards Act including:
- Posting the Employment Standards poster in the workplace and distributing it to employees,
- Timely, accurate Wage Statements, with no unauthorized deductions,
- Accurate Record Keeping,
- Proper Hours of Work and
- Eating Periods,
- Accurate Overtime Pay,
- Adherence to Minimum Wage,
- Public Holidays,
- Vacation Pay standards, and
- Restricting Temporary Help Agencies from charging fees to employees.